On Friday 13 May we’ll be kicking off our Clitheroe Beer Festival fringe events with a tasting session all-dayer by Crossover Blendery.
George from Crossover Blendery will be pouring Pay As You Go tasters of Barbarian Lands, little moor and Walled Gardens. It’s going to be a really special afternoon, and if you’re a big fan of spontaneously fermented and sour beers, you’re in for a real treat. Do not miss this.
Then, on Saturday 14th May, Dick and Cath, the forces of cider activism behind many of the UK’s new natural cider movements, will be joining the Corto crew for a mini cider festival. Pay As You Go tastings will be available from a range of ciders by some of the country’s best cidermakers, including Little Pomona, Oliver’s Cider, Ross On Wye, Brutes and Eve’s Cidery.
IPA Tap Takeover at Corto
Throughout the weekend, we’re hosting a tap takeover with a difference—every tap will be pouring a different version of IPA, a total exploration of IPAs, if you will. The full lineup is:
- Pomona Island’s IBUKI VII Sorachi Ace and Yuzu IPA, brewed with Kveik for a soft and fruity flava.
- Cloudwater’s Acknowledge This, We Deserve Better WEST COAST IPA. A piney, bitter and zesty banger brewed in support of @endometriosis.uk on International Women’s Day.
- Cloudwater’s Hybrid FARMHOUSE IPA, brewed with @stigbergetsbryggeri using a farmhouse yeast for a saison session feel.
- Rivington’s Never Known Fog Like It NEW ENGLAND PALE. The OG. Our house beer. Not an IPA but…what is an IPA in 2022? Discuss.
- Rivington’s Double Fog DIPA. A big badboy version of Never Known Fog Like It. 8% and feeling fine. Juicy and a little bit dangerous. TRY THEM BOTH SIDE BY SIDE!!
- Buxton’s Black Axe BLACK IPA. Totally tropical, black as your heart. Cult classic, perhaps also bestseller.
CASK: Red Willow’s Weightless SESSION IPA. A fave around here. Lush citrus and satisfying bitterness. Yummo.
Taste Never Known Fog Like it side-by-side with Double Fog! Drink an amazing example of a Black IPA!
Keep checking our socials for more info.
WE ARE EXCITED. LET’S DO THIS.